I created this blog for myself so I can have an easy way to sort out all of the recipes that I've scribbled down on scrap papers. All of the recipes on this blog are tried & true recipes that I love.
Friday, October 26, 2012
Homemade Granola
Dry Ingredients:
14 cups oats (I use quick oats. The original recipe actually calls for 8 cups rolled oats and 6 cups rolled wheat, but my family changed it to this and it works fine)
2 cups toasted wheat germ (jar with red lid or sometimes sold in the bulk section for A LOT less, I have also bought plain wheat germ and toasted it myself.)
2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3-5 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 tsp. salt
Wet Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup honey
Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine together (sometimes hands work the best :)) Place on 2 cookie sheets. Bake at 210 degrees for 2 hours. Stir after 1 hour.
Source:
Andrea Scott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment