Every time I've made lettuce wraps, I've been missing this or that ingredient or I've been combining a few different recipes and so they always turn out slightly different. But here is a basic recipe that can be added upon:
Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken
2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 bunch green onions
1 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. soy sauce
3 T. honey (squeezed out about 3 times around the pan)
1 head iceburg lettuce
salt
pepper
Instructions:
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and stiryfry until mostly cooked through. Remove from pan and shred with a fork.
2. Put shredded chicken back in the pan and add remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until it reaches desired doneness (usually only needs 5 minutes or so). Add honey and soy sauce last to form a glaze.
4. Serve wrapped in lettuce
Alternate versions/expansions:
I've also used hoisin sauce, Asian sesame oil, or water chestnuts for a more authentic taste. I've sometimes omitted the carrots or had to use dry ginger or refrigerated ginger when I didn't have fresh ginger on hand. I've used regular onions instead of green onions. I've done these with chicken or beef. When I didn't have enough honey once I added a little corn syrup and brown sugar. These can easily be adapted as desired for your taste!
Source:
Jessica Lebaron (basic recipe)
All Recipes.com--Asian Lettuce Wraps
No comments:
Post a Comment